Scholarship Application Instructions
There are four parts to the application process. In order to be eligible for an award, you must complete all four steps.
Step 1: Complete the online application by the due date.
Step 2: Have an official transcript from each college or university attended sent directly to us from your school. (Must be received by the due date.)
Step 3: Have three letters of reference submitted to the online system by the due date. (Email addresses for reference contacts are required.)
Step 4: Attend your scheduled interview.
- A link to the official online application will be on this site on February 8, 2022.
- The deadline for submitting applications and all supporting materials (transcripts, reference letters) is 12 noon, March 8, 2022. Applications, Official Transcripts, and Reference Letters will NOT be accepted after this date and time. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON.
- Please note 2022 interview instructions on the scholarship page:
- In person interviews to take place the Saturday before Easter.
- Location TBD
- You will be notified of your time in advance of your interview.
- Selected candidates MUST attend the interview in person. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You may request a special time but your interview must take place during the official interview session on April 16, 2022.
- We highly recommend that you start the scholarship application process early as it takes time to receive supporting documents and gather the necessary information. Remember that we have 24 hours to process applications so if you wait until the day before the deadline your application may not make it through the qualification process in time to be eligible.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- SPONSOR: As part of the online application you will be required to enter the name and email address of your sponsor. The email you provide must be the email address that the sponsor uses to sign in to the Pipeliners membership site.
Your sponsor must be a relative and have been a current active member in good standing of The Pipeliners Association of Houston for the past two club years. In addition to being a dues-paying member, your sponsor must have attended at least six (6) meetings or events in 2021 and verified event attendance through the official Scholarship Attendance Application prior to leaving the event. There are no exceptions to this policy and signing the book is the only verification of PAH event attendance that will be accepted.
- PHOTO: You will need to have an electronic copy of a photo (jpg or png files only) available so that you can upload it to the application form.
- REFERENCES: You will also be asked to provide the name and two email addresses of the three individuals who will provide your personal references. The second email address is a fail-safe in case one of the emails does not go through. We recommend that you use a work email and a personal email.
You should let your references know ahead of time that you will be requesting a letter. We will send an email to request the information. The letters MUST be submitted through the system. We cannot process hard copies or emails sent from outside the system. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that we receive the references prior to the Noon March 8, 2022 deadline.
You should solicit references from people who know you well enough to comment on your eligibility for the scholarship. They should be people with whom you have a personal, professional, or academic relationship. References from family members or relatives will not be accepted.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: We must receive a copy of your official school transcript directly from ALL colleges or universities you have attended. You must submit a new official transcript from each school even if it was submitted as part of an application from the previous year. Be sure to request your transcripts in time to meet the March 8, 2022 deadline. Postmark or proof of send date does not qualify as received.
Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy transcripts should be sent to:
The Pipeliners Association of Houston
Attn: Barbara Powell, PAH Scholarship Committee
11111 Katy Freeway Suite 200
Houston, Texas 77079
CHECKING THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION
The confirmation email you receive will provide information that you will need to check to log in to see the status of your supporting documents. Please keep this information handy.
To verify that we have received your reference letters and transcript, log in to your application and scroll to the bottom of the application. Any documents we receive will be listed. Once the interview times have been scheduled, your time slot will also be shown.
SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA FOR 2022/2023
- The applicant must be enrolled at an accredited school, college, or University and be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th-year student.
- The applicant must have a grade point average of no less than 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must be classified as a full-time student.
- Please note 2022 interview instructions on the Scholarship page:The candidate must be available for a face-to-face interview with the Scholarship Committee on April 16, 2022 (Easter Weekend). Interviews are required (no exceptions). Interview times will be provided to the candidates no later than March 25, 2022. You will be advised of the interview location when you receive the schedule.
- The applicant's sponsor must be a relative and have been a member in good standing of PAH for a minimum of the past two club years. In addition to being a dues-paying member, your sponsor must have attended at least six (6) meetings or events in the previous calendar year (January-December). Proof of attendance must be verified through the official Scholarship Attendance Application while at the event.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com
. Updated 01/12/2021