Scholarship Application Instructions
There are four parts to the application process. To be eligible for an award, you must complete all four steps.
Step 1: Complete the online application by the due date.
Step 2: Have an official transcript from each college or University attended sent directly to us from your school. (Must be received by the due date.)
Step 3: Have three letters of reference submitted to the online system by the due date. (Email addresses for reference contacts are required.)
Step 4: Attend your scheduled interview.
- A link to the official online application will be on this site on January 22, 2024.
- The deadline for submitting applications and all supporting materials (transcripts, reference letters) is 12 noon, February 19, 2024. Applications, Official Transcripts, and Reference Letters will NOT be accepted after this date and time. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON.
- Please note the 2024 interview instructions on the scholarship page:
- In-person interviews are to take place the Saturday before Easter.
- Location: Wood Stallion Building, 17325 Park Row, Houston, TX 77084.
- You will be notified of your time in advance of your interview.
- Selected candidates MUST attend the interview in person. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You may request a particular time, but your interview must occur during the official interview session on March 30, 2024.
- We highly recommend starting the scholarship application process early, as it takes time to receive supporting documents and gather the necessary information. Remember that we have 24 hours to process applications. If you wait until the day before the deadline, your application may not make it through the qualification process in time to be eligible.
- It is up to the student to monitor the progress of their application as it moves through the system. This includes following up to ensure that transcripts and references have been received. Please do not expect to receive reminders.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- SPONSOR: As part of the online application, you must enter your sponsor's name and email address. The email address you provide must be the email address the sponsor uses to sign in to the Pipeliners membership site.
Your sponsor must be a relative and have been a current active member in good standing of The Pipeliners Association of Houston for the past two club years. In addition to being a dues-paying member, your sponsor must have attended at least six (6) meetings or events in 2023 and verified event attendance through the official Scholarship Attendance Application before leaving the event. There are no exceptions to this policy; signing the book is the only verification of PAH event attendance that will be accepted.
- PHOTO: You will need an electronic copy of a photo (jpg or png files only) available to upload to the application form.
- REFERENCES: You will also be asked to provide the name and two email addresses of the three individuals who will provide your references. The second email address is a fail-safe in case one of the emails does not go through. We recommend that you use a work email and a personal email.
You should let your references know ahead of time that you will be requesting a letter. We will send an email to request the information. The letters MUST be submitted through the system. We cannot process hard copies or emails sent from outside the system. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that we receive the references before the 12 noon February 19, 2024 deadline.
You should solicit references from people who know you well enough to comment on your eligibility for the scholarship. They should be people with whom you have a personal, professional, or academic relationship. References from family members or relatives will not be accepted. The Pipeliners Association of Houston defines a relative as a parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, sibling, or spouse.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: We must receive a copy of your official school transcript directly from ALL colleges or universities you have attended. You must submit a new official transcript from each school, even if it was submitted as part of an application from the previous year. Be sure to request your transcripts in time to meet the 12 noon February 19, 2024 deadline. A postmark or proof of send date does not qualify as received.
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com. Hard copy transcripts should be sent to:
Speed Field Services, LLC
Attn: Kim Mueck, The Pipeliners Association of Houston Educational Fund
8719 Unity Dr.
Baytown, TX 77523
CHECKING THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION
The confirmation email you receive will provide information that you will need to check to log in to see the status of your supporting documents. Please keep this information handy.
To verify that we have received your reference letters and transcript, log in to your application and scroll to the bottom of the application. Any documents we receive will be listed. Your time slot will also be shown once the interview times have been scheduled.
SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA FOR 2024/2025
- The applicant must be enrolled at an accredited school, college, or University and be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th-year student.
- The applicant must have a grade point average of no less than 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must be classified as a full-time student.
- Please note the 2024 interview instructions on the Scholarship page: The candidate must be available for a face-to-face interview with the Scholarship Committee on March 30, 2024 (Easter Weekend). Interviews are required (no exceptions). Interview times will be provided to the candidates well in advance of the interview date. You will be advised of the interview location when you receive the schedule.
- The applicant's sponsor must be a relative and have been a member in good standing of PAH for a minimum of the past two club years. In addition to being a dues-paying member, your sponsor must have attended at least six (6) meetings or events in the previous calendar year (January-December). Proof of attendance must be verified through the official Scholarship Attendance Application while at the event.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Updated 1/18/2024