Scholarship Application Instructions
There are four parts to the application process. In order to be eligible for an award, you must complete all four steps.
Step 1: Complete the online application by the due date.
Step 2: Have official transcripts sent directly to us from your school. (Must be received by the due date.)
Step 3: Have three letters of reference submitted to the online system by the due date. (Email addresses for reference contacts are required.)
Step 4: Attend your scheduled interview.
- The official online application will be posted to this site on Monday, February 13, 2019.
- The deadline for submittal of applications and all supporting materials (transcripts, reference letters) is 12 noon, Thursday, March 14, 2019. Applications, Official Transcripts, and Reference Letters will NOT be accepted after this date and time. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON.
- In person interviews will take place on April 20, 2019.
- Interviews will take place at Mustang Engineering/Wood. Clydesdale Building (17320 Katy Freeway, Houston Texas).
- You will be notified of your time in advance of your interview.
- Selected candidates MUST attend the interview in person. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You may request a special time but your interview must take place during the official interview sessions on April 20th.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- SPONSOR: As part of the online application you will be required to enter the name and email address of your sponsor. The email you provide must be the email address that the sponsor uses to sign in to the Pipeliners membership site.
Your sponsor must be a relative and have been a current active member in good standing of The Pipeliners Association of Houston for the past two club years. In addition to being a dues-paying member, your sponsor must have attended at least four (4) meetings or events in 2018 and signed the Scholarship book. There are no exceptions to this policy and signing the book is the only verification of PAH event attendance that will be accepted.
- PHOTO: You will need to have an electronic copy of a photo (jpg or png files only) available so that you can upload it to the application form.
- REFERENCES: You will also be asked to provide the name and two email addresses for the three individuals who will provide your personal references. The second email address is a fail-safe in case one of the emails does not go through. We recommend that you use a work email and a personal email.
You should let your references know ahead of time that you will be requesting a letter. We will send an email to request the information. The letters MUST be submitted through the system. We cannot process hard copies or emails sent from outside the system. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that we receive the references prior to the March 1 deadline.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: We must receive a copy of your official school transcript directly from your college or university. Be sure to request your transcript in time to meet the March 14 deadline. Transcripts should be sent to:
The Pipeliners Association of Houston
Attn: Barbara Powell, PAH Scholarship Committee
10010 Albury Park Lane
Tomball, Texas 77375
CHECKING THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION
The confirmation email you receive will provide information that you will need to check to log in to see the status of your supporting documents. Please keep this handy.
To verify that we have received your reference letters and transcript, login to your application and scroll to the bottom of the application. Any documents we receive will be listed. Once the interview times have been scheduled, your time slot will also be shown.
- The applicant must be enrolled at an accredited school, college, or University and be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th-year student.
- The applicant must have a grade point average of no less than 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must be classified as a full-time student.
- The candidate must be available for a face-to-face interview with the Scholarship Committee on Saturday, April 20, 2019 (Easter Weekend). Interviews are required (no exceptions). Interview times will be provided to the candidates no later than April 5, 2019. You will be advised of the interview location when you receive the schedule.
- The applicant's sponsor must be a relative and have been a member in good standing of PAH for a minimum of past two club years. In addition to being a dues-paying member, your sponsor must have attended at least four (4) meetings or events in 2018 and sign the attendance book. The signature book is the ONLY accepted verification of attendance.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org