The Scholarship Application will be posted on Monday, February 5, 2018.
All scholarship applications and accompanying paperwork will be DUE by NOON, Thursday, March 1, 2018. Three reference letters must be uploaded to your application before the deadline per the instructions included in the application.
An official transcript must be received by noon, Thursday, March 1, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
Please mail, express mail, federal express or otherwise deliver the transcript
500 Century Plaza Drive Suite 190
Houston, Texas 77073
The interview schedule will be sent to you no later than Friday, March 16, 2018.
Interviews to be held Saturday, March 31, 2018 (Easter Weekend).
- The Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited School, College or University. (An accredited School is defined as an Institution whose credit hours are recognized by a College or University as transferable towards earning a degree). The recipient shall be a second, third, fourth, or fifth year student and shall have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or a C average on the applicant’s scholastic record to be eligible for a scholarship. First year and graduate school students are not eligible to receive an Association scholarship. Dual credit from High School does not constitute the First Year of College. Scholarships are not awarded for Summer School. No restriction shall be placed on the recipient’s degree program.
Only those students classified as full-time students are eligible for scholarships (Full-time designation is 12 or more hours per semester at most universities)
- Scholarship award eligibility shall be limited to relatives of the Association’s members in good standing. A member in good standing for scholarship purposes shall have paid dues for a minimum of two (2) consecutive years (Association’s calendar year, July 1 - June 30). In addition, the sponsoring member must have attended a minimum of four (4) meetings, and or events evidenced by signature and attendance records during the CALENDAR YEAR (preceding the review of his/her relative’s application). The Scholarship Book will be presented each month during the meeting/events and the sponsor’s signature is the sole verification of meeting attendance. Only members in active status may sign the scholarship book. The committee will not accept receipts, meeting prepayment emails, volunteer logs or verbal verification for attendance qualification. –No Exceptions.
- The Scholarship Award is a fixed amount determined by a meeting of the Board of Directors and is based upon normal tuition, enrollment fees and textbooks for a two semester enrollment. Failure to complete a two-semester enrollment may, at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors, warrant a pro-rata refund from the recipient for that part of the two twelve (12) hour semester(s) not completed.
- The duration of the Scholarship is for a single scholastic year beginning no later than the fall semester following the award.
- Candidates must apply each year for consideration. Candidates are eligible their second, third, fourth and fifth scholastic year.
- The completed application including reference letters must be submitted electronically. A copy of the applicant's official transcript must be mailed to the address listed on the electronic application. Any additional information including deadlines will be posted on the website approximately 3 months before the interview date.
- The candidate must be available for a face to face interview with the Scholarship Committee on the Saturday before Easter.
- The successful Candidate(s) shall be announced at the June Pipeliners Association Meeting.